150 Walking Challenge - October Events
October 1st, 2017
Calling all Dayton VA Medical Center staff and volunteers, Veterans and community members! 2017 is a historical year for the Dayton VA Medical Center as it celebrates servicing Veterans for 150 years. The 150 Walking Challenge was established to encourage health and wellness in those who directly impact the Dayton VA Medical Center. In celebration of 150 years the 150 Walking Challenge was developed. The challenge consists of, an individual walking (or rolling) 150 miles over the course of 2017 at Dayton VA Medical Center sponsored and/or approved walks. Teams of up to 10 members are also encouraged, to accomplish the most miles possible! Walk over 150 miles and you will be in the running to win the grand prize for the most mileage completed!!!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd place individual and Team finishers (for most miles walked; TEAM competition based on average miles walked by each Team member) and those who complete the 150 Walking Challenge will receive prizes, too. This challenge will begin January 1, 2017 and conclude on Veterans Day, November 11, 2017 at the Veterans Day Ceremony at Dayton VA Medical Center. Let's get walking!
For details about the 150 Walking Challenge, please visit: http://daytonva150.com/events/event.html?event_id=55 .
If you would like a walk approved to be included in the 150 Walking Challenge, please contact Betsey.firstname.lastname@example.org, no less than 30 days prior to event. Any events submitted less than 30 days in advance will not be considered.
Dayton VA Medical Center Sponsored Walks for October 2017:
Walk n' Roll:
Monday: 12:15 PM to 1:00 PM
Tuesday: 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Wednesday: 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Thursday: 12:10 PM to 12:45 PM
Friday: 12:15 PM to 1:00 PM
Dayton VA Medical Center Approved Walks for October 2017:
Walking Strides Group:
Sunday, October 1, 2017
- Location: St. Leonards, 8100 Clyo Rd, Centerville, OH 45458
- TIME: 2:00 PM
- Duration: 60 minutes
Dayton Walk to End Alzheimer's
Saturday, October 7, 2017
- Location: Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons Stadium
- TIME: Registration 8:30AM, Opening Ceremony 10:00 AM, and Walk 10:15 AM
- For More Information:
Warrior 150 Challenge Hike #5
Hike FROM Dayton
***SLIGHT CHANGE, THE COURSE IS BEING REVERSED DUE TO OTHER EVENTS OCCURING SIMULATENOUSLY TO THIS EVENT. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE.****
- Saturday and Sunday, October 7-8, 2017
- Distance: 21.1 miles; 34 kilometers
- Start: Downtown Dayton (Deeds Point)
- End: Yellow Springs, Yellow Springs Station
- Paved bicycle path and some road walk. Passes through Eastwood Metro Park, Huffman Metro Park, National Museum of the Airforce, WPAFB, Fairborn, and ends in Yellow Springs.
- *Please visit http://warrior150challenge.com/ for detailed information about each hike and participating in the Warrior 150 Challenge.
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Dayton
Saturday, October 21, 2017
- Location: Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- TIME: Registration and Rolling Start ANy TIme between 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- For More Information:
Attention, DVAMC, CBOC's, 3rd shift and Weekend employees:
Interested in walking or rolling after you complete your work day? Or do you want to walk or roll prior to starting your work day but the 12:10 PM regularly scheduled “Walk n' Roll” is not a good time for you? If you are interested in being a leader for a "Walk n' Roll" after work, during an alternative TOD to the day shift or are at a CBOC, please contact email@example.com. Or maybe you walk on a regular basis at DVAMC and would be interested in making it a group walk, where others can join please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.